Choosing A Brachial Plexus Injury or Erb’s Palsy Attorney
In New York and New Jersey
Shoulder Dystocia, Brachial Plexus Injury and Erb’s Palsy cases can be very challenging to prosecute for a variety of reasons. When seeking counsel in these matters, look for an attorney who has experience in birth injury lawsuits and has expertise as follows:
Known for its masterful handling of matters requiring complex litigation skills, the law firm of Trief & Olk has developed significant expertise in handling birth injury and medical malpractice cases involving:
- Specific and extensive knowledge of Shoulder Dystocia, Brachial Plexus Palsy, Erb’s Palsy, Klumpke’s Palsy and other Brachial Plexus Injuries
- Understanding the complexity of determining exactly who was responsible: the hospital, one or more doctors, nursing staff, etc.
- Understanding of hospital and medical chain of command and chain of authority.
- Ability to decipher medical records and notations to understand what took place and who was in charge at various stages.
- Understanding the technical matters at issue, including intricate medical and or procedural information.
- Experience meeting the challenge of finding and retaining medical experts: Not only are many experts required in these kinds of cases, but they are very costly, and are often reluctant to testify against another doctor.
- Sufficient resources to absorb the cost of pursuing and properly investigating these cases, including hiring experts, creating complicated medical displays for trial, etc.
- Trial expertise, because complex litigation skills are needed in order to prevail.
- Experience in assessing and presenting to a jury the loss, suffering and the future needs of the child and family.
- Caring and sensitivity to understand the difficulty and emotional impact the birth injury has had on your child and family.
- Experience and long-term relationships with various medical and economic experts to assist with the preparation of litigation and expert testimony at trial.
- Experience meeting the challenge of finding and retaining experts.
We have depth and breadth of experience in each of these areas, and can be of valuable help and counsel to you at this difficult time.
Choosing the Right Erb’s Palsy Attorneys and Shoulder Dystocia Lawyers
If your child was injured during the birthing process, please feel free to call or e-mail the Shoulder Dystocia lawyers and Erb’s Palsy attorneys at Trief & Olk. We may be able to help you get the compensation and justice you and your baby deserve. Proudly serving New York and New Jersey.